Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect personal information, such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you contact us, request information, or otherwise communicate with us.
We may collect personal information and details associated with your donations, including payment information. Any donations made via our website are processed by third-party payment processors. We do not directly collect or store any payment card information entered through our website, but we may receive information associated with your payment card information (e.g., your billing details) .
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through this website, read pages or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically.
We automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, location information (including approximate location derived from IP address), and Internet service provider.
- We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our website, such as pages that you visit, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our website.
Our uses of these technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our website and tools that are required to identify irregular website behavior, prevent fraudulent activity, improve security, or allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance-Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our website, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how individuals use our website;
- Functionality-Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our website. This may include identifying you when you sign into our website or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed.
We collect the foregoing information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us
- Automatically as you navigate through the site
- From third parties (for example, from Google Analytics, a web analytics service from Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy., Mountain View, CA 94043)
Our Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with personal information by sending an e-mail to us, or by filling out a form or order with your personal information and submitting it through our website, we use that information to respond to your message and/or provide the information you have requested.
We also use information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our website and its contents to you
- To fulfill an order or financial transaction through our website
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- To notify you about changes to our website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For other legitimate purposes as permitted by law
We may use your information for various administrative purposes, such as:
- Pursuing our legitimate interests such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our website;
- Short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
- Improving, upgrading, or enhancing our website;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities
- Debugging to identify and repair errors with our website;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions, and other compliance activities;
- Sharing personal information with third parties as needed to provide the website;
- Enforcing our agreements and policies; and
- Carrying out activities that are required to comply with our legal obligations.
We do not collect information for commercial marketing.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties for a variety of purposes, including to provide our website or to protect us or others. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers and vendors that assist us with the provision of our website. This includes service providers and vendors that provide us with IT support, hosting, payment processing, customer service, and related services. We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- If we are required to do so by law
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the diocese, our parishioners, or others
Children Under 13
Our website is not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 through the website. If you are under 13, do not provide any personal information, make any purchases or donations, or use any of the other interactive features of this website. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Security of Your Information
By using our website or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our website. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on our website, by mail, or by sending an email to you.
Retention of Personal Information
We may link to external sites that help us perform our mission or provide additional school-related information. Links to external servers do not imply any official endorsement of the opinions or ideas expressed therein, or guarantee the validity of the information provided. Links to commercial sites are in no way an endorsement of any vendor’s products or services.