SAFER. STRONGER. TOGETHER.
UPDATED QUARANTINE PROTOCOLS (EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2021)
We have received updated information from the Catholic Schools Office about the protocols for quarantining those who have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID 19. This updated plan is in response to information received from the CDC, various agencies/associations related to healthcare and data from the Charlotte Catholic schools.
If a CTK member has had exposure to COVID 19 (which generally refers to being within 6ft for 15 continuous minutes), the day that they have had exposure/or first developed symptoms shall be considered day “zero.”
This person must take one of the following quarantining routes:
- Quarantine for 10 days after day “zero” provided they display no symptoms (no test required).
- Quarantine for 7 days after day “zero” provided they get a negative COVID test on day 5, and have no symptoms.
- Quarantine for 14 days after day “zero” if symptoms are persistent or if the person voluntarily chooses to do so out of an abundance of caution (no test required).
Mrs. Miller our School Nurse or Mrs. Bukowski our Dean are available should you have questions.
SAFETY MEASURES AND COVID RESPONSE
We are so excited to be in-person for this school year! As we continue to operate according to "Model A" of our continuum, please be assured of our commitment to provide a safe environment for your children as well as the teachers and staff of our schools. We have consulted with local physicians and we are following the guidelines of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Centers for Disease Control as well as the Department of Human and Health Services Strong Schools NC Tool Kit.
Some of the safety measures include:
• temperature checks and health screenings for everyone entering the building
• multiple mitigation strategies (e.g., social distancing, face coverings, and hand hygiene)
• cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces
• repurposing community spaces to increase classroom space and facilitate social distancing, including outside spaces, where feasible
• developing proactive plans for when a student or staff member tests positive for COVID-19
• educating parents and students on the importance of monitoring for and responding to the symptoms of COVID-19 at home
• partnering with our cleaning company to develop a schedule of increased, routine cleaning and disinfection
• installing physical barriers (desk shields) around teacher desks and in areas where it is difficult for individuals to socially distance
• providing physical guides (tape on floors) to create separate traffic flows in our hallways and
• limiting nonessential visitors, volunteers, and activities involving external groups.
Our small student populations and class sizes give us maximum flexibility in customizing, implementing and adapting measures recommended for the protection of our teachers, students and families.
While a majority of our parents have expressed a preference for returning children to safe in-person learning, we also will provide sustained remote learning to students unable to attend at this time due to general health concerns. Parents and students wishing to engage in remote learning should notify the school and complete the Memorandum of Understanding form attached below.
We will continually update this page throughout the 2020-2021 school year. Please check back frequently for updates and additional information.
- School Plan - CTKCHS (Spanish) - 9-10-20
- School Plan - CTKCHS - 9-10-20
- CTK MOA Home Instruction
- 2020-08-14 Task Team Update
- 2020-08-14 SST COVID-19 Parent Education
- 2020-08-14 20-21 CTKCHS- Health Guide
- 2020-08-14 20-21 CTKCHS - Health Guide Espanol
- 2020-08-11 CTK Memorandum of Understanding for Home Instruction
- 2020-08-05 Model A_ Brown Bag Covid Bell Schedule
- 2020-07-31 Superintendent Letter - Summer camp news and return to campus date change
- 2020-07-31 Safer Stronger Together - DOC Catholic Schools Office 2020-2021 Espano
- 2020-07-31 Safer Stronger Together - DOC Catholic Schools Office 2020-2021 A
FROM THE DESK OF OUR PRINCIPAL:
"This school year is a chance for each and every member of our community to be both a teacher and a student. We are all called to put on the cloak of courage and face a scary world with hope instead of fear and with love instead of hatred. Thank you one and all for choosing CTK and in doing so for choosing to be hope for the world." (excerpt from the CTK Return to Campus 2020-2021 Plan)