Nominate a Teacher!
- Open nominations – nominations can be made by any current parent, staff member or student in the CTK community, however, self-nominations are not allowed.
- Nominations must be made using the available form, providing all requested information.
- Nominations will be accepted for a period in early May (2018: 5/1 - 5/11). A description of the award and the nomination form on the CTK web site. Nominations should be submitted either to a dedicated email address (email@example.com) or school mailing address (with the attention to the Principal). All mailing specifics are available on the Nominations Form.
- A Committee consisting of 5 people (3 members of the CTK community approved by the Principal, 1 prior award winner and 1 administrator) will review the nominations and for confirmation. Note that Committee members are not eligible to receive the award in the year they serve on the selection committee.
- Complete confidentiality will be required on the part of the committee members.
- A final decision will require a majority vote by the Committee.
- Awards will be announced at school event decided by the Principal.
Background on the Awards
- The recently established Teacher Award Committee of CTK (the “Committee”) seeks to recognize and encourage those members of the Christ the King Catholic High School (“CTK”) staff who are most impactful in inspiring and helping our students to be their best.
- The Committee’s hope is that these awards will validate, motivate and inspire our current and future CTK educators.
- The Committee seeks to do this in a meaningful way. To that end, annually we hope to propose 4 awards of $5,000 each.
- Potential recipients will be nominated by members at large in our community.
The Crusader Jack Peele for Excellence in Teaching Awards are intended to inspire and honor Christ the King Catholic High School’s staff to excel in their role as educators and mentors. Additionally, we seek to engage our entire community in this process by allowing for an open nominations process and to announce the awards at graduation. Via the Crusader Jack Peele Award for Excellence in Teaching Award, the Committee aims to establish a tradition of encouraging and rewarding excellence in an effort to further the overall educational and spiritual growth and achievement of CTK and all its students.
Award Criteria and Eligibility
- Nominee must have completed 2 or more consecutive years of service at CTK by the end of the current school year
- Employee in good standing with CTK/MACS
- All teaching staff members
- Teach a minimum of a 4 class schedule or the equivalent (approximately 75% FTE)
- No limitations by grade/class level
- Past award recipients are not eligible for 1 year
- Impact on students
- Uses best practices
- Exceptional dedication, knowledge and skill that inspires students to learn and engage
- Respect of others in the CTK community
- Engagement in the CTK community
- Commitment to the overall mission and success of CTK
- Exhibits the best qualities of faith and mercy in their interaction with students and colleagues
- Considers the whole student, encouraging students to be their best selves in all aspects of life
Past Award Recipients